I’m currently working on learning Af-Soomaali (the Somali language). This is where I’ll share what I’ve learned! The oldest posts are at the top (and are therefore the most “beginner”).
Note: I’m currently attempting to learn 4,000 Somali words in six months, which breaks down to 22 words per day. In order to keep this website somewhat organised, I’ve put the vocabulary-focused posts elsewhere.
As such, the posts on this page (below) will focus on Somali grammar, exercises, conversations, reading, etc.
As a language-learner, I can assure you that there will be errors in these pages (sorry, I’m doing my best). If you notice any problem areas, potential corrections, or even just extra information that might be helpful, please comment or get in touch!
- Somali Pronouns: Anigu v. Waan v. Waxaan?
- Somali Greetings and Introductions
- Somali: Past Tense (Positive)
- Somali Proverbs: A Grammar Lesson
- Somali Reading/Grammar Practice: “Karin” (Level 1 Storybook)
- Somali Questions/Interrogative (“ma” + past tense positive)
- Somali: Present Tense (Positive)